Essential Web Design Tips
So you've finally made up your mind now. You need a new website. It could be your personal website or your company website. But, at least, there is a certainty that a website is required.
Now the next logical question is, What are the essential web design considerations to keep in mind? Have you ever wondered, the web design tips what to consider to get a good website?
After all, you need an effective website that achieves your long-term goals. Or for that matter, in the short term too. After all, Why shouldn't you expect your website to be delivered in the shortest possible time?
I'm going to talk about some essential web design tips they are easy to follow and implement. Keep this in mind when discussing your project with a web design company.
1: Don't do everything for you!
If you noticed the above, said, a your users they will love it. I didn't say that you will love. You may also love the site. But that is not a necessity.
The most important advice I can give is NOT to do everything about yourself. With my experience, I can tell you that many times we do not give importance to a web designer, that he or she really deserves. Nevertheless, we don't do that to a doctor or engineer. But when it comes to a web designer, we think we can tell you exactly what to do.
Why? Because many consider themselves no less designers. After all, have tried their hand several times with paint. And they think they did a good job too.
Remember, when you design a website, you're finally designing it for the end user. Forget what you like!! And stay focused on your goals. Nevertheless, Easier said than done. Personal bias is so hard to overcome.
We receive clients all the time, asking that the logo be made one centimeter bigger. Or to move it a little to the right. Sometimes to the left, move it up, down, etc. These lawsuits are not illegitimate if they come with a valid explanation of how it will help them better achieve their business goals..
2: Good User Experience
Once again, it's about the user. We want to give you a good experience while you are on our site. So, What steps can you take to ensure a good user experience? You must be careful that the interaction with the website interface is effective, efficient and satisfying.
Cash would mean easily completing the task that the website visitor wants to perform on the site. Efficient would mean doing it in a simplified way, involving the fewest number of steps and without confusion. Satisfactory would mean, an overall pleasant experience.
All of the above is necessary if you want your visitors to come and stay on your site. Bringing visitors to your site is one thing, and keeping them there is another.
Unless the site is intelligently designed, you will have a hard time keeping visitors on your site long enough to make a difference in your sales.
Some of the things to keep in mind to provide a better user experience include:
- The design should positively attract your emotions. – Emotions play an important role in deciding what you do when you are in a particular place. It could have a big impact on if you decide to buy, subscribe to that newsletter or just leave.
- Design must be intuitive and easy to understand: all visitors are not tech savvy. The more intuitive the design, the easier it will be to understand how to perform a particular task. This could include completing the quote form and subscribing to the newsletter. Pretty important things, so it makes sense to keep the interface intuitive.
- Design consistency across the site. – Consistent design makes the user experience enjoyable.
- Let the user always be in control: don't take away control of your users. Although it seems obvious, still important enough to need a mention. How exactly do you take control of your users? It could be a dialog box that cannot be discarded unless the user performs a specific action. Here you are forcing them to take a particular action. These create a bad user experience and should be avoided.. Always give the user the option.
- Simplified navigation. Reach all internal pages with fewer clicks. Nevertheless, <href = “https://www.gravitatedesign.com/blog/user-satisfaction-fewer-clicks/” target = “_ blank”> many do not adhere to this idea. But common guys, Shouldn't it be better if something is easier to find? If my life depended on it, I would go to the bottom of the ocean to look for it. On the contrary, I will go to the next available option. You are not?
3: Commercial Objectives
These are expectations that a company or an individual sets for themselves, to be achieved within a specific time frame. A target can be anything. It can be anything worth your efforts.
Knowing what you want to achieve can make the website more effective. Then, you can search for ways your website can help you directly or indirectly achieve those goals.
- Specific : define your goals as precisely as possible. They must be specific.
- Measurable : which means it must be quantifiable. If you can't measure it, won't be able to track progress.
- Reachable : objectives must be realistic and achievable within a given time frame and available resources.
- Responsible : Assign responsibility. Determine who will do what.
- Time related : without a time frame, a goal has no value. Specify a time frame within which specific objectives must be achieved.
4: Identify Your Target Audience
Identifying your target audience is the first step in knowing who to design the website for. If you design the website for the simple fact of doing it, it wouldn't turn the way you want. After all, if it doesn't convert, you don't earn money.
If you are not in the business of page visits, it matters who visits the site. Getting a lot of traffic from a segment that is not interested in your products or services will only take up your bandwidth and increase your cost of hosting..
Not to mention, its bounce rate will also skyrocket..
Why Knowing Your Target Market Is Important?
First, identify who is the audience of your website. Because then you can create the website to be attractive to your end users.
If you know who they are, will know the sites they visit, the blogs they read and the keywords they search in Google. Then you can prepare your site so that it can capture the attention of your audience.
It also gives you the opportunity to create a copy of the website in the language your audience speaks.. This will make them more comfortable and more likely to become.
It will also give you an idea of what your audience wants.. What are your likes and dislikes. You will understand your weaknesses and be able to offer better solutions.
5: Different Types Of Website Design: What's Right For You?
This is another area that should not be overlooked. Because once the website is ready, not many options to go back and change it, without redesigning your website.
Thus, it's always best to make an informed decision before going ahead with your website decision.
So, What are the different types of websites you can choose?
Below I list some of them:
- HTML websites : These are websites that do not give you the option to edit them. They don't have an admin panel to create new pages or posts. Thus, all the information you need is encoded on the web pages. It is also difficult to edit the content of the existing website. Not very convenient if you intend to add content on a regular basis.
- CMS websites : the sites websites based on the Content Management System (CMS) are widely used these days. Because they are very reliable, affordable and easy to use. They have many benefits over HTML websites. They make adding content to the website so easy. They deal with a lot of SEO considerations, as friendly URLs, canonicalization, title tags, page descriptions, etc.
- ECommerce websites: If you have something to sell, you can opt for an e-commerce website . They are specifically designed to facilitate the sale of physical and digital products online. There are many e-commerce platforms from which you can choose.
6: Current Web Design Trends
It's not a bad idea to look at some of the latest web design trends for inspiration. After all, not every day you design a new website.
Seeing what other people are doing in your niche is very important. Especially those who are very successful at what you want to do. If they are doing well, they must be doing something right. And you want to know the things they have implemented on your site. So you can make an informed decision about which components you want to include on your site and which ones you want to skip.
It will not only be inspired, but you will learn many new tips and ideas of web design.
7: Choose A CMS
If you want to opt for a site that you can manage on your own, you will need to go to a CMS website. But there are many CMS platforms on the market today.. Which do you choose for your site?
What CMS should I use? That's a difficult question to answer. I will give my input below to help you make a decision.
WordPress seems to be way ahead of the rest. And it would be advisable to opt for a CMS in which so many people have chosen to trust.
The other contenders would be Joomla and Drupal . They also have some enthusiastic followers and people who answer for them.. And they are not bad, you can use them if you want, and even so, have a very pleasant user experience.
But WordPress far exceeds popularity. We tried our hands on Joomla many years ago. Bu